Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 16: On the joys of maternity pants...

I am convinced that maternity pants are the single greatest invention…ever. Yesterday, I went through my entire closet. I tried on every article of clothing to determine what I would and wouldn’t be able to wear in the coming months. It took more than 4 hours. Here’s what I discovered: I have too many clothes. And it looks like most of my pants have about one wearable month before this baby outgrows my entire wardrobe. Fortunately, I have plenty of skirts and dresses that will work for a good long while. The only problem with that is that I like to wear pants to work more. I inherited 2 pairs of maternity pants from my sister-in-law, a pair of jeans and a pair of khakis. I found another pair of jeans at Children’s Exchange. But I can’t wear jeans to work that often so today I bit the bullet and bought a pair of black dress pants. Here’s what I love about maternity pants-they are so comfortable. In the past whenever my pants started to feel a little snug, I’m always reminded of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. In the episode “The Front Porch”, Marshall defends his choice of wearing an old man nightshirt by saying nightshirts have “no elastic waistband leaving it's judgmental pink teeth marks around my Thanksgiving belly”. So the fact that maternity pants will never leave angry pink teeth on my belly is awesome. Also, a friend recently reminded me of a moment on Friends when Joey wears Phoebe’s maternity pants to Thanksgiving dinner. I’m so pumped to be wearing maternity pants on Thanksgiving this year! Imagine the possibilities…

Speaking of Thanksgiving, the baby bump had bumped, reminding me of the little red pop-up timer on turkeys. One day it’s not there, the next there’s no hiding it. The baby is the size of an avocado this week and according to everything I’ve read I should be feeling s/he move sometime in the next few weeks. I’m really excited about that. This morning I thought I felt something, turned out Charlie was sleeping on my stomach. The baby’s eyes have started to move from the side, closer to the front and to their final position. Also, in the next few weeks the baby will begin to double in weight and length, which explains the pop-up timer. I found a clip of the Friends episode, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment