Monday, January 2, 2012

It's the Final Countdown . . .

We have been so busy, that I haven't had much time to blog, but rest assured, things are still going as planned. Carter decided that he didn't want to be the New Year's baby, which we were definitely okay with. Life has been a blur of buying those last few items he needs before he gets here, cleaning the house, making phone calls, preregistration at the hospital, weekly doctor appointments, washing baby clothes, and finishing up the nursery. The nursery is finally ready (minus hanging a few pictures and the like) due in large part to help from my in-laws, for whom I am thankful.

Liz noted in her last post that she is already progressing. It could really be any time. Any time she has a Braxton-Hicks contraction, I find myself looking at my watch as if to start timing contraction or looking at the floor to see if her water has broken, though I know that water breaking as it is usually depicted in movies and on TV is exceedingly rare. Regardless of all of the unknown things that are about to come my way, I am ready and excited for the challenge.

In my recent endeavors, I have come to the realization that child car seats are vastly complicated. There are about a million different ways to install them and most of them are incorrect. I have, however, read all the manuals to our vehicles and the seat itself, so I think I have it figured out. I am nonetheless going to get my installations checked by the Texas Department of Transportation or at the least, by someone at the hospital. I foresee myself being a vastly cautious parent, especially at first.

I must have made a million phone calls for all the stuff that has needed to be taken care of before he gets here, but by far the easiest phone call was one I made last week to the pediatrician that we finally decided on. I expected to have to set up a time to come by and fill out a bunch of paperwork, but no. All we have to do is tell the hospital and the OB who we are using and they will take care of everything. All the information they need, they will get afterwards. Talk about taking some pressure off and making life less stressful. I haven't even met the pediatrician yet, and I already like her for reducing my stress level.

We can't wait for Carter to get here and to share him with everyone. I am sure there will be many sleep-deprived, late-night blogs to follow.

This post was brought to you by GOB Bluth:

No comments:

Post a Comment