Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kick It Up

Lately, Liz has felt a lot more movement from Carter. For the past week or so, she has tried to let me feel on the outside, and each time, I thought I might feel something, but I was a little unsure. I thought I might be feeling Liz's heartbeat or something else instead. But last night it came-- obvious proof that Carter is alive and kicking (literally). He was going nuts last night, kicking at a rate and intensity that I could not confuse with Liz's heartbeat. It was incredible to say the least.

I am sure that some people might say that we have a little soccer player in there. I honestly kind of hope not though because well . . . soccer is boring. Now if Carter really wants to play soccer, I fully support that, and I will probably get very excited watching him play, but right now soccer is just watching a lot of running around with not a lot action or goal-scoring. What I am hoping that the hyperactive kicking means is that he might have incredible footwork as a tennis player or even amazing speed around the bases in baseball or around a track. Of course, if the kid is anything like me, he will be completely inept at sports, but his feet will be able to tap out a steady beat while he's playing music.

All that being said, it is amazing that I can feel my son in utero now, and that lets me know that he will be here soon. Regardless of physical prowess, I will love him, but it is wonderful to feel the kicking and know that he is healthy and active.

2 comments:

  1. I think Moss sums it nicely: "Hooray, he's kicked the ball. Now the ball's over there. That man has the ball. That's an interesting development. Maybe he'll kick the ball. He has indeed. Apparently that deserves a round of applause."

    ReplyDelete