Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Made This!

It's been long since an update. Things are still going great with Liz and Carter. Life has become hectic and shows no real signs of slowing down any time soon. There is so much to be done before Carter gets here, and it is getting done, just not as quickly as we want. We have registered for gifts (see the widget to the right), even though that was a little bit of an ordeal because Babies"R"Us lost our registry the first time we registered. I feel like now might be a good time to mention that we will be using reusable cloth diapers and are registered for them at Babies"R"Us. Granted, not the most fun gift to buy, but by far one that we will need. It is probably the most practical thing anyone can buy us. Just thought I would plug that particular item.

One of the things that I am most proud about is that I assembled Carter's crib. It is nice and solid. I couldn't help but think when I was done, "I made this." Since I am not so great at building things from scratch, I will have to take pride in the fact that I can follow directions and build a sturdy piece of furniture, as long as all the pieces are provided for me.

At night, I have been reading Charlotte's Web by E.B White to Carter, chapter at a time. It was one of my favorites as a kid. They say that he can hear quite well now. He seems to be most active at night, which might be because of the reading or it might just be that Carter is going to be a night owl just like us, which probably means that we are going have a very cranky house each morning.

Everything is continuing smoothly and normally. We have another doctor's appointment next week, so we will of course know more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment